The Fire and Life Safety group of the Environmental Health and Safety Department is dedicated to helping the Texas A&M University community be a safer place to work, study, live, and play.
What we do:
- conducts fire safety inspections of campus facilities
- assists in the development and implementation of emergency evacuation planning
- inspects, maintains, and provides training in the proper use of portable fire extinguishers
- conducts plan reviews of new construction projects as well as renovation projects
- assists with testing of all fire detection/suppression systems to ensure compliance with nationally recognized codes and standards.
Click Here to register for Hands-on Fire Extinguisher.