How do I get approval to wear a respirator​?

How do I obtain respiratory protection training, PAPR training, or fit testing?


If you need to wear a respirator to assist in the mitigation of potentially hazardous aerosolized biological particles, contact the Office of Biosafety at


Contact Environmental Health and Safety at for all other respiratory protection questions.


If you need annual fit testing, PAPR training, or any refresher respiratory protection training, contact the appropriate occupational health program listed above. If you are not sure which occupational health program you should be enrolled in, see "How do I know which occupational health prgram I should be enrolled In?"