Food Distribution Forms (for temporary food services)
ONLY submit forms to EHSD for Potentially Hazardous Foods (PHF). Potentially Hazardous Foods are foods that if handled or prepared improperly can cause a foodborne illness.
Examples of PHF:
- Beef fajitas
- Chicken salad
- Grilled hamburgers
- Submarine sandwiches
- Chef salads
- Sausage wraps (kolaches)
DO NOT submit forms for food that is not potentially hazardous. Examples of food that do not require submission of forms:
- bake sale items (e.g., cake, cookies, brownies)
Food Distribution Using Caterers Form
Use this form when:
- hiring a caterer to bring and/or serve PHF at your campus event (example: hiring a Mexican restaurant to serve fajitas)
- picking up PHF from a food establishment which you then serve on campus (example: picking up hamburgers or from a fast food restaurant then serving it on campus)
Food Distribution Form
Use this form when:
- preparing and/or serving PHF yourself (example: cooking hamburgers or sausage on a grill which you then serve to others)
Temporary Food Service Permit
In addition to filling out one of the above forms you may
be required to get a Temporary Food Service Permit from
the Brazos County Health Department. EHSD and the Brazos
County Health Department will inspect all Temporary Food
Service Establishments at the University for compliance with the
Texas Food Establishment Rules
- The cost of the permit is $55 and needs to be purchased at least 72 hours before your event.
- The applications must be picked up and filled out at the Health Department, 201 N Texas Ave. in Bryan, Texas 77803.
- All fees must be paid prior to the function and the receipts must be displayed at the event.
- Inspections will be made by EHSD and the Brazos County Health Department during the event.
- When the requirements of the Rules are met, a permit will be issued.
- The permit and receipt for the permit must be posted in a prominent location during the event.